Title of the proposal: 2021 CEF Transport Call for proposals
Goals of the proposal: European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) has launched a call for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for Transport funding instrument, which makes €7 billion available for projects aiming to build, upgrade and improve European transport infrastructure.
What projects will be eligible for funding? The call for proposals supports Actions under the General, Cohesion and Military Mobility envelopes concerning:
- Infrastructure projects on the Core and Comprehensive TEN-T (railways, inland waterways, maritime and inland ports, roads, rail-road terminals and multimodal logistics platforms),
- Smart applications for transport (ERTMS, ITS, SESAR, RIS, etc.),
- Transport interoperability,
- Alternative fuels infrastructure (including electricity fast-charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure on the TEN-T road network),
- Motorways of the Sea,
- Multimodal passenger hubs,
- Reduction of rail freight noise,
- Safe and secure parking infrastructure,
- Road safety,
- Improvement of transport infrastructure resilience, in particular to climate change and natural disasters,
- Adaptation of transport infrastructure for Union external border checks purposes,
- Adaptation of the TEN-T to civilian-defence dual-use (Military Mobility envelope).
€ 1.575 billion will go to alternative fuel infrastructure (including infrastructure for fast charging and hydrogen filling on the TEN-T road network). These funds will be allocated through a special instrument “Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Facility”, where there will be several deadlines for submission of applications, which will be evenly distributed until 2023.¸
Who can apply?
- One or more EU member states,
- International organisations,
- Legal entities (public or private bodies) from the EU member states
When is the deadline for submission? The first deadline for submitting the proposals in electronic form via the electronic system for the submission of applications for funding and calls, is 19 January 2022 by 17.00 CET. Application forms must be completed in accordance with the tender conditions and instructions of the European Commission. When submitting an application, applicants must attach a “Letter of support” form, which refers to the consent of the Member State concerned to submit their application to the call.
Slovenian entities must obtain the consent from the Ministry of Infrastructure – this can be done by completing the application form and submitting it to the competent Directorate by 19th of December 2021 at the latest.